Opportunities at AHP
About A Healing Paradigm
In 2007 Dr. Ifetayo Ojelade had a vision to create a center focused on wellbeing. Through that vision, A Healing Paradigm (AHP) was born. Our goal is to decolonize western concepts of psychology by understanding how culture, indigenous healing traditions, and spirituality can be used to heal people of African descent globally. By extension, we have created a space to address the psychological wellbeing of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) and our non-BIPOC allies. We offer professional training, counseling, psychological testing, continuing education, and speaking services to an international audience.
We provide culturally congruent mental health, fitness, and education services by utilizing state of the art technology, through an integrative wellness and decolonial model.
Our work is guided by core values:
- Reciprocity: In the ever-lasting flow of life, we believe in the importance of equity and balance, through giving and receiving in equal measure.
- Sankofa: The Akan speaking peoples in Ghana define Sankofa as going back and retrieving that which was lost. We believe in the process of rediscovering and safeguarding personal, family, and community cultural history and psychological wellbeing.
- Ancestral Connection: We believe in the wisdom of healthy elders, the ancestors, and those who have walked the path before us.
- Spirituality: We uplift the importance of connection to divine source as it manifests within individuals, families, and communities.
- Ìwà pèlè (Good Character): We believe the proverb: Character is like smoke; it cannot be hidden for long. Thus, we are honest and take responsibility for our actions.
- Social Justice: We acknowledge the existence of and resist institutionalized racism, gender, disability, sexual identity, and economic inequality, privilege, and microaggressions.
- Courage: We will be courageous even when the alternative is financially advantageous.
- Collaboration: We partner with those who are psychologically healthy, believe in justice, engage in personal healing, and work towards the liberation of BIPOC globally.
Staff PositionsCoordinator of Client and Community Outreach Services
Psychologist Specializing in Decolonial Praxis (Full-time)
Counselor & Psychological Testing Assistant - Decolonial Focus (Full-time)
Counselor & Psychological Testing Assistant - Alternative (Indigenous Healing) Focus (Full-time)
Adult Therapist & Coordinator of Alternative (Indigenous) Healing (Full-time)
Undergraduate - Digital Media and Administration
Master's-level Internship - Womanist, African-centered Psychology & Decolonial Praxis
Doctoral Student - Assessment Practicum
Post-doctoral Fellowship in African American Child & Family Decolonial Praxis